Name of Institution: Rockbridge Seminary
Address: 3111 East Battlefield Rd., Springfield, MO 65804
Year Founded: 2003 First Accredited: 2013
President: Daryl R. Eldridge, Ph.D.
Distance Education Accrediting Commission
1101 17th Street N.W., Suite 808
Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone: (202) 234-5100
Web site: http://www.deac.org
Rockbridge Seminary is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and is approved to operate in all U.S. states either through SARA, consent, or exemption.
Missouri: As a religious school, Rockbridge Seminary is exempt from oversight by the Missouri Department of Higher Education. Exemption is subject to periodic review of eligibility for continuance.
Missouri Department of Higher Education
Fax: (573) 751-6635
Filing a Formal Complaint
A student, professor, or staff member may file a formal complaint with Rockbridge Seminary over any unresolved issue that deserves formal investigation, including but not limit ed to sexual harassment or discrimination. The President of Rockbridge Seminary will receive the complaint and seek resolution within 30 days. If the complaint relates to the President of Rockbridge Seminary, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees will receive the complaint and seek resolution within 30 days.
A student, professor, or staff m ember may also file a formal complaint with Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), the accrediting agency for Rockbridge Seminary.
A formal grievance may also be filed with the Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE). For more information, please contact MDHE at (202) 234-5100.
Rockbridge Seminary is an accredited degree-granting institution of higher learning that exists to develop servant leaders for Christian ministry through quality distance educational experiences that allow them to study and practice without leaving their ministry field.
Areas of Special Focus
Rockbridge Seminary provides an innovative approach to seminary education that meets the needs of “new paradigm” churches.
Description of Institution
Rockbridge Seminary offers four academic programs. Each program is designed to help develop servant leaders for Christian ministry through learning experiences that allow them to study and practice without leaving their ministry field.
- Active students: 174
- Total number of graduates: 209
- Graduated in 2014: 18
- Average faculty-to-student ratio for courses: 1:10
- Graduates from non-U.S. countries: 3
- Gender: 78% male, 22% female
- Seminary-related education debt incurred by graduates: none
- Faith backgrounds: 39% Baptist, 50% non-denominational, 6% Reformed
- Average age at graduation: 45
- Students achieving their learning goals: 97%
- Students who would recommend their studies to a friend: 98%
- Students who are satisfied with their studies: 97%
- Course completion rate: 96%
- Program Completion Rates: 54%-MDiv, 61%-MML, 50%-DMS
- Alumni serving in a ministry role: 95%
- Alumni service status: 69% full-time ministry, 10% part-time ministry by choice, 10% bivocational ministry, 2% volunteer, 5% unemployed, 4% other