Name of Institution: Rockbridge Seminary
Address: 3111 E. Battlefield, Springfield, MO 65804
Year Founded: 2003 First Accredited: 2013
President: Daryl R. Eldridge, Ph.D.
Missouri – As an accredited religious school, Rockbridge Seminary is exempt from oversight by the Missouri Department of Higher Education. Exemption is subject to periodic review of eligibility for continuance.
Areas of Special Focus:
Rockbridge Seminary provides an innovative approach to seminary education that meets the needs of “new paradigm” churches.
Rockbridge Seminary is an accredited degree-granting institution of higher learning that exists to develop servant leaders for Christian ministry through quality distance educational experiences that allow them to study and practice without leaving their ministry field.
Description of Institution:
Rockbridge Seminary offers four academic programs. Each program is designed to help develop servant leaders for Christian ministry through learning experiences that allow them to study and practice without leaving their ministry field.
- Active students: 76
- Total number of graduates: 368
- Graduated in 2019: 22
- 2019 Graduates from non-U.S. countries: 1
- Average faculty-to-student ratio for courses: 1:7
- Gender: 75% male, 25% female
- Seminary-related education debt incurred by graduates: 81% no debt, 14% less than $10,000, 5% $10k to $19k
- Faith backgrounds: 53% Baptist, 30% non-denominational, 4% Reform, 4% Charismatic/Pentecostal
- Average age at graduation: 45
- Students achieving their learning goals: 97%
- Students who would recommend their studies to a friend: 98%
- Students who are satisfied with their studies: 98%
- Course completion rate: 96%
- Graduation Rates: 25%-MDiv, 36%-MML, 33%-DMS (These are based on a cohort timeframe. Percentages are higher overall because many students take longer to finish degree than the prescribed time for the program.)
- Alumni serving in a ministry role: 95%
- Alumni service status: 72% full-time ministry, 0% part-time ministry by choice, 9% bivocational ministry, 3% volunteer, 0% unemployed
Filing a Complaint:
A student, professor, or staff member may file a formal complaint with Rockbridge Seminary over any unresolved issue that deserves formal investigation, including but not limited to sexual harassment or discrimination. The President of Rockbridge Seminary will receive the complaint and seek resolution within 30 days. If the complaint relates to the President of Rockbridge Seminary, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees will receive the complaint and seek resolution within 30 days.
To file a formal complaint, go to: https://rockbridge.formstack.com/forms/complaint
A student, professor, or staff member may also file a formal complaint with Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), the accrediting agency for Rockbridge Seminary. To contact DEAC:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission 1101 17th Street N.W., Suite 808 Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone: (202) 234-5100 Website: www.deac.org
A formal grievance may also be filed with the Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE). For more information, please contact MDHE at (573) 751-2361.