Transcript Evaluation Request
If you have completed partial study toward a degree at another theological institution, Rockbridge Seminary is willing to evaluate your academic transcript for course credit that might transfer into your Rockbridge Seminary program.
Applicants may submit a request after completing the Application for Admission.
Before you submit a transcript evaluation request, please review these COURSE TRANSFER GUIDELINES:
Rockbridge considers requests to transfer transcripted course credit from another institution toward a Seminary program based on the following standards.
- You may submit a request for a transfer of credit evaluation by completing the Transcript Evaluation Request Form.
- Transfer credit is determined solely on the basis of official copies of transcripts received from the qualifying institution or WES. Preliminary estimates of transfer credit on the basis of unofficial transcripts may not match the final determination.
- Courses taken at institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) are considered for transfer. Transfer of credit will not be denied solely on the source of accreditation of the sending institution.
- Transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must be evaluated through WES.
- Transfer courses must have been taken at the same level of study. Course descriptions must be similar to Rockbridge Seminary courses. Additional documentation may be requested.
- A grade of “C” or above is required for any course credits to be considered for transfer.
- Individual courses transferred into an institution to complete that institution’s degree are only considered for transfer credit into Rockbridge based on an official transcript from the institution where the courses were originally taken.
- No more than 50% of the credit hours required for the DMS, MML, and MDIV can be transferred. Credits are transferred in multiples of 3 semester credit hours (DMS program) or 4 semester credit hours (MML or MDIV). Because of the nature of the DMIN program, doctoral-level credits earned at another institution cannot be transferred to Rockbridge.
- Transfer of credit decisions are made by the VP for Academic Services. Decisions may be appealed to the Academic Council.
Your total program cost with Rockbridge is reduced when transfer credits are accepted into the Seminary.
You may enroll in a course from another seminary with the intent of transferring that credit into your Rockbridge Seminary program. However, to be sure that credit will transfer to Rockbridge, you should ask the VP for Academic Services to approve that course before enrolling in the course.
Please allow sixty days for the evaluation of your transcript for the possible transfer of course credit.
All transcripts must be mailed from the issuing school to:
3111 E Battlefield Rd.
Springfield, MO 65804