Total Program Cost*
- The Diploma in Ministry Studies is a 2-year diploma, requiring 39 semester hours for completion (total cost – $4,377 for 39 semester hours and all fees).
- The Master of Ministry Leadership is a 2-year degree, requiring 52 semester hours for completion (total cost – $11,038 for 48 billable semester hours** and all fees).
- The Master of Divinity is a 3-year degree, requiring 76 semester hours for completion (total cost – $16,432 for 72 billable semester hours** and all fees)
- The Doctor of Ministry is a 3-6 year degree, requiring 39 semester hours for completion (total cost – $11,098 including all fees)
*The Board of Trustees reserves the right to increase tuition and fees. Total cost does not include books or final exam proctoring charges (selected courses master’s/doctoral programs only) or program extension charge (doctoral program only).
**Semester hours for the course “Proficiency Portfolio” (4) are not charged to the student.
Cost Per Term
- Diploma program tuition is $110/per hour or $329/course due at course registration.
- Master’s program tuition is $225/per hour or $899/course due at course registration.
- Doctoral program tuition is $282/credit hour or $1692/seminar due at seminar registration.
- Book cost and occasional assessment tool charges (estimated): $35 – $100 per course.
- Final Exam proctoring charge is $17.50 per exam (selected courses, master’s/doctoral only)
Tuition is paid on a course-by-course basis. Most courses are either 3 or 4 credit hours, depending upon the academic program. Visa, MasterCard, Discover card, or American Express can be used to pay tuition. There are no scholarship programs available at this time. Students may withdraw from the program at any time without any financial obligation.
List of Fees
- Application Fee (nonrefundable): $25
- Portfolio Review Fee: $150 (master’s programs only)
- Graduation Fee: $100
A student has five days after registering or until the first day courses open in the given term, whichever is longer, to drop a course and receive a full tuition refund. To drop a course you must email email@example.com. Your tuition will be refunded as determined in the Refund Schedules below.
You may withdraw from your program at any time without any additional financial obligation.
|Week Dropped||Refund||DMS||MML MDIV||DMIN|
|Before Week 1||100%||$329.00||$899.00||$282.00|
|During Week 1 (Tue-Mon)||90%||$296.10||$809.10||$253.80|
|During Week 2 (Tue-Mon)||80%||$263.20||$719.20||$225.60|
|During Week 3 (Tue-Mon)||60%||$197.40||$539.40||$169.20|
|During Week 4 (Tue-Mon)||40%||$131.60||$359.60||$112.80|
|After Week 4||No Refund||$ 0.00||$ 0.00||$ 0.00|
Sample refund calculation: You pay $899 in tuition for a master’s course. You then choose to drop the course during Week 1. You would receive a refund of $809.10 (90%). For a one-hour doctoral course, you pay $282 in tuition. You then choose to drop the course during Week 2. You would receive a refund of $225.60 (80%).
16-Week Doctoral Seminars
|Before Week 1||100%||$1692.00|
|During Week 1 (Tue-Mon)||90%||$1522.80|
|During Week 2 (Tue-Mon)||80%||$1353.60|
|During Week 3 (Tue-Mon)||70%||$1184.40|
|During Week 4 (Tue-Mon)||60%||$1015.20|
|During Week 5 (Tue-Mon)||50%||$ 846.00|
|During Week 6 (Tue-Mon)||40%||$ 676.80|
|During Week 7 (Tue-Mon)||30%||$ 507.60|
|During Week 8 (Tue-Mon)||20%||$ 338.40|
|During Week 9 (Tue-Mon)||10%||$ 169.20|
|After Week 9||No Refund||$ 0.00|
Sample refund calculation: Student pays $1692 in tuition for a doctoral seminar. If a student drops the seminar during week 2, the student receives a refund of $1353.60 (80%).
Decide which degree is best for you.
The Rockbridge Promise
If you are not completely satisfied with the online seminary learning experience during your first course, Rockbridge Seminary will refund your tuition in full.